Developing a regular fitness routine does wonders for our health, but it can be challenging to remain inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of exercising itself is not always pleasant. We do it mainly for the results and future health benefits, but it can be tough to push through the fatigue and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why most people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, commonly by listening to music.
Music not only presents a distraction but also generates the motivation and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You may not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your favorite music and suddenly you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be of good use for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any cables getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning state of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet courses, developing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have an exercise partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, focus on and accentuate speech while suppressing background noise, making it easier to maintain a conversation with your partner in an active gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are worthwhile gym equipment, but you may be wary of possible damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant against dirt and moisture to some degree, there are a few accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Consider investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, defending them from sweat and debris.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become inadvertently dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little care and planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more information about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!